At Malibu Compost, we’re hands-on at every step of our process!
Our hand-crafted, artisan, Biodynamic compost begins on the farm where our cows munch on over 1000 acres of organic pasture. Manure is stacked into windrows and gently turned to ensure pathogen reduction and homogeneity. Biodynamic preparations #502-507 are carefully buried in the piles and left to inoculate, then biodynamic preparation #508 is sprayed onto the outer pile as a inoculant “sheath”. Finished compost is screened to 3/8ths of an inch and a special biodynamic barrel compost is hand-sprayed onto the finished material and the compost is loaded into trucks to be bagged and then make the trip to your local retailer!
Our biodynamic compost teas receive additional special sprays and treatments, are screened by hand, then hand-packed and garden-ready direct from our “tea-house” in the bay area!
Check out our video here:
Tags: Easy, Going Green, It's not
- 07 Orange County, San Diego, & Inland Empire Community Garden Program
- 07 LA, Ventura, & Santa Barbara County Community Garden Program
- 09 Santa Barbara County Community Garden Special
- 09 San Diego County Community Garden Special
- 09 Los Angeles County Community Garden Special
- 09 Riverside County Community Garden Special
- 09 San Bernardino County Community Garden Special
- 09 San Fernando Valley Community Garden Special
- 09 Orange County Community Garden Special
- 09 Ventura County Community Garden Special