- 28 - Malibu Compost in Sunset Magazine
- 15 - New Compost Teas AVAILABLE NOW!
- 01 - Malibu Compost featured on Garden Betty
- 04 - Product Preview: Get Ready for a Tea Party!
- 01 - Bu’s Brew now available through Williams-Sonoma
- 07 - SoCal Community Garden Program on now!
- 07 - Orange County, San Diego, & Inland Empire Community Garden Program
- 07 - LA, Ventura, & Santa Barbara County Community Garden Program
- 09 - Santa Barbara County Community Garden Special
- 09 - San Diego County Community Garden Special
- 09 - Los Angeles County Community Garden Special
- 09 - Riverside County Community Garden Special
- 09 - San Bernardino County Community Garden Special
- 09 - San Fernando Valley Community Garden Special
- 09 - Orange County Community Garden Special
- 09 - Ventura County Community Garden Special
- 23 - Soilove’s Norma Bonilla shares the love
- 15 - California Expected to Lose 100 Dairy Farms
- 05 - Garden BootCamp Teleseminar from Ardenwoods Nursery
- 10 - Biodynamics: Tuning In to the Heartbeat of the Soil
- 07 - Testimonial: Put the Bu in Butterflies
- 24 - Testimonial
- 18 - Using soil amendments
- 15 - Love in Bloom
- 09 - The Dish on Dairy Dirt: Ruminations on composted manure
- 22 - Herbicide in Our Watershed: Report reveals this Chemical Causes Birth Defects.
- 20 - One Cow, One Man, One Planet
- 12 - Documentary on bee colony collapse focuses on cutting pesticide use
- 05 - Ojai Premiere: “Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us?”
- 25 - Garden Gossip - 4/22/11
- 22 - Testimonial: Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians
- 20 - Garden Gossip - 4/15/11
- 18 - Demeter Association vs. Monsanto
- 07 - Testimonial
- 30 - The Power of Dirt
- 28 - Malibu Compost and Tomatomania!
- 28 - Garden Gossip: BD Saving the Planet (3/25/11)
- 24 - Mariposa Elementary Thanks Malibu Compost
- 24 - Living Each Day With Beauty and Inspiration
- 15 - The Harmful Effects of Miracle-Gro
- 15 - Garden Gossip - 3/11/11
- 02 - Testimonial by Judy Pearce
- 02 - A Soolip Wedding Preview
- 28 - Garden Gossip ft. Dan Bifano and Matthew Freund
- 18 - Malibu Compost at Luther Burbank Middle School
- 16 - Dirty Girl Gardening Is Lovin’ Malibu Compost
- 20 - Landscaper Testimonial
- 20 - Tea Party Workshop: This Saturday in Santa Barbara!
- 20 - Tea Party Workshop: Feb. 5 in Santa Barbara!
- 13 - Colum Riley interview on “Get Growing”
- 03 - Denise on “Garden Gossip” Radio!
- 02 - Shout Out from Ojai Valley Green Coalition!
- 27 - Randy Ritchie to Present at Cedros Gardens on October 30th!
- 22 - Bu at Photo Shoot for “C” Magazine
- 19 - Randy Ritchie (Malibu Compost) Interview with The Farmer Fred Rant!
- 18 - Bu’s Blend at Highland Hall Waldorf School
- 16 - Prest-o Change-o!
- 16 - Thank You Letter: Soil Web Workshop
- 17 - The Problem with Factory Farms
- 17 - Reconstruction
- 16 - Woman’s life goes from manure to manure
- 09 - Open Letter from Desiree Negrete
- 30 - No methyl iodide on our food
- 28 - An Open Letter to Gary Conklin and the Workers of the Conklin Dairy Farm
- 20 - Saving Tongass National Forest
- 20 - DOJ Turns up Heat in Monsanto Anti-Trust Probe
- 10 - Meeting BU
- 10 - Bu’s First Blog
At Malibu Compost, we’re hands-on at every step of our process!
Our hand-crafted, artisan, Biodynamic compost begins on the farm where our cows munch on over 1000 acres of organic pasture. Manure is stacked into windrows and gently turned to ensure pathogen reduction and homogeneity. Biodynamic preparations #502-507 are carefully buried in the piles and left to inoculate, then biodynamic preparation #508 is sprayed onto the outer pile as a inoculant “sheath”. Finished compost is screened to 3/8ths of an inch and a special biodynamic barrel compost is hand-sprayed onto the finished material and the compost is loaded into trucks to be bagged and then make the trip to your local retailer!
Our biodynamic compost teas receive additional special sprays and treatments, are screened by hand, then hand-packed and garden-ready direct from our “tea-house” in the bay area!
Check out our video here:
Stop by booth 1700!
The June issue of Sunset Magazine features 100 reasons to love the west NOW.
Coming in at #56: Artisanal Compost from Malibu Compost.
“Made in small batches … ” and “crumbly texture, like chocolate cake …” Bu’s Blend is Sunset test garden APPROVED! What an honor!
Get your copy on newsstands now—or check out the online version here!