- 28 - Malibu Compost in Sunset Magazine
- 15 - New Compost Teas AVAILABLE NOW!
- 01 - Malibu Compost featured on Garden Betty
- 04 - Product Preview: Get Ready for a Tea Party!
- 01 - Bu’s Brew now available through Williams-Sonoma
- 07 - SoCal Community Garden Program on now!
- 07 - Orange County, San Diego, & Inland Empire Community Garden Program
- 07 - LA, Ventura, & Santa Barbara County Community Garden Program
- 09 - Santa Barbara County Community Garden Special
- 09 - San Diego County Community Garden Special
- 09 - Los Angeles County Community Garden Special
- 09 - Riverside County Community Garden Special
- 09 - San Bernardino County Community Garden Special
- 09 - San Fernando Valley Community Garden Special
- 09 - Orange County Community Garden Special
- 09 - Ventura County Community Garden Special
- 23 - Soilove’s Norma Bonilla shares the love
- 15 - California Expected to Lose 100 Dairy Farms
- 05 - Garden BootCamp Teleseminar from Ardenwoods Nursery
- 10 - Biodynamics: Tuning In to the Heartbeat of the Soil
- 07 - Testimonial: Put the Bu in Butterflies
- 24 - Testimonial
- 18 - Using soil amendments
- 15 - Love in Bloom
- 09 - The Dish on Dairy Dirt: Ruminations on composted manure
- 22 - Herbicide in Our Watershed: Report reveals this Chemical Causes Birth Defects.
- 20 - One Cow, One Man, One Planet
- 12 - Documentary on bee colony collapse focuses on cutting pesticide use
- 05 - Ojai Premiere: “Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us?”
- 25 - Garden Gossip - 4/22/11
- 22 - Testimonial: Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians
- 20 - Garden Gossip - 4/15/11
- 18 - Demeter Association vs. Monsanto
- 07 - Testimonial
- 30 - The Power of Dirt
- 28 - Malibu Compost and Tomatomania!
- 28 - Garden Gossip: BD Saving the Planet (3/25/11)
- 24 - Mariposa Elementary Thanks Malibu Compost
- 24 - Living Each Day With Beauty and Inspiration
- 15 - The Harmful Effects of Miracle-Gro
- 15 - Garden Gossip - 3/11/11
- 02 - Testimonial by Judy Pearce
- 02 - A Soolip Wedding Preview
- 28 - Garden Gossip ft. Dan Bifano and Matthew Freund
- 18 - Malibu Compost at Luther Burbank Middle School
- 16 - Dirty Girl Gardening Is Lovin’ Malibu Compost
- 20 - Landscaper Testimonial
- 20 - Tea Party Workshop: This Saturday in Santa Barbara!
- 20 - Tea Party Workshop: Feb. 5 in Santa Barbara!
- 13 - Colum Riley interview on “Get Growing”
- 03 - Denise on “Garden Gossip” Radio!
- 02 - Shout Out from Ojai Valley Green Coalition!
- 27 - Randy Ritchie to Present at Cedros Gardens on October 30th!
- 22 - Bu at Photo Shoot for “C” Magazine
- 19 - Randy Ritchie (Malibu Compost) Interview with The Farmer Fred Rant!
- 18 - Bu’s Blend at Highland Hall Waldorf School
- 16 - Prest-o Change-o!
- 16 - Thank You Letter: Soil Web Workshop
- 17 - The Problem with Factory Farms
- 17 - Reconstruction
- 16 - Woman’s life goes from manure to manure
- 09 - Open Letter from Desiree Negrete
- 30 - No methyl iodide on our food
- 28 - An Open Letter to Gary Conklin and the Workers of the Conklin Dairy Farm
- 20 - Saving Tongass National Forest
- 20 - DOJ Turns up Heat in Monsanto Anti-Trust Probe
- 10 - Meeting BU
- 10 - Bu’s First Blog
Tomatoes every color of the rainbow! Pumpkins that top the scales at over 1,000 pounds! Sculptural flowforms of living water! These are just some of the features at the 2nd Annual National Heirloom Exposition coming to Santa Rosa, California September 11th through 13th.
We at Malibu Compost are excited to be collaborating with friends from Horns of Plenty, Demeter USA, and dozens of other organizations to bring Demeter’s Biodynamic Garden and Lounge to the center of the expo. This cluster of biodynamic culture will provide expo-goers the chance to learn and explore the principles of holistic farming. It will contain demonstration farm & garden installations, pop-up art show and photo exhibits, a classroom with a rolling program of speakers all day long, picnic tables, and yes, a genuinely comfy lounge area.
Check out our garden installation entitled “Healthy Soil = Healthy Plants = Healthy People”, or hear our own David Perkins explaining “Building Beautiful Biodynamic Compost” Thursday at 12:15. There are over 21 classes scheduled over the 3-day expo, which will cover topics from the basics of biodynamics to the science and art of flowforms to living with bees the biodynamic way. For a complete list of classes, visit demeter-usa.org/expo/.
Also be sure to check out our booth in the vendor hall alongside our friends from Horns of Plenty, Grow BD consulting, and Turtle Tree Seeds. Check out our Facebook page to get a coupon for $3 off your purchase of a sleeve of Bu’s Brew Biodynamic Compost Tea Bags when you visit anytime during the expo (http://www.facebook.com/malibucompost).
Last year, over 10,000 people attended the Expo, which is now being called “the World’s Fair of the pure food movement”. With over 3,000 heirloom varietals on display (and available to sample!) it’s easy to see why. Tickets for the exposition are $10 per day or $25 for all three days of heirloom immersion.
Here are some excellent shots of the building process for the flowform that will be featured in Demeter’s Biodynamic Garden & Lounge